Thursday 9 June 2011

#2.Jaws 5: The Treadwell Mysteries 09/06/11

I had the shark tied to a chair in my flat. He had gone along with it at first because he seemed to think I had intentions aside from interrogation. Maybe we could be friends after all this is over but that's where I draw the line. Once he had come around to the situation he spat in my face. I was unaware fish could spit. Welcome to The Treadwell Mysteries.

Rescuing myself from the back of my van had been the easy part. For the life of me I could not remember where I had been. At the moment the shark was my only lead but he was saying nothing. I had tried water boarding him but the sick son of a bitch seemed to get a kick out of it. If I wanted him talking, I needed him on my side and that meant helping him breath. I filled my washing up bowl with lightly warm water and plunged his head inside. Now it was time to find out what the hell was going on. Welcome to The Treadwell Mysteries.

4 minutes into the interrogation, I was in the bathroom enjoying a comfort break when the police broke down my door. I was still dazed from my rescue which made my arrest even more confusing and disorientating. The police missed the shark as his head was inside the bowl. I came out of the bathroom to find myself gone again. At least this time, I had some idea where I was going. Welcome to The Treadwell Mysteries.

'The last thing you need is an enemy', the shark was finally talking, 'You need a partner'. Maybe my head was spinning from this whole damn situation, maybe I was concious of the smell wafting in from the bathroom, but something told me I needed to make a choice quickly. I thrust my hand into his outstretched fin. 'You've got yourself a partner'. Welcome to the Treadwell Mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment